Emergency Services in Tacoma, WA
We all love a nice lunch out with friends.
A glass of wine, a delicious meal….
And then you bite down into an unexpected olive pit. Crack!
Suddenly, your pleasant visit has turned into a dental emergency. Now what?
Dental emergencies usually have three things in common. They are often quite painful, they happen when you least expect them, and they need to be treated quickly.
At Tranquility Dental Wellness Center, we make it easy for you to get the treatment you need fast – usually on the same day. With locations in Tacoma, Lacey, and Tumwater, we are easily accessible no matter where you are in the South Sound. Plus, we offer extended hours, providing even more opportunity for you to be seen right away.
And if an emergency occurs after hours? We’ve got our patients of record covered in that situation, too! Our dentists will provide you with a way for you to get a hold of us around the clock so we can provide you with guidance, support, and advice until you can be seen in the office.
Are You Having a Dental Emergency?
We’ve run into people who tell us they put off treating a serious condition because they weren’t sure whether their problem “qualified” as an emergency.
We want to put your mind at ease – if it’s important to you, it’s important to us! Call our practice right away and we’ll listen to your concerns. You are never bothering us, we promise. This is what we are here for.
Some of the most common dental emergencies we see in our Tumwater, Lacey, and Tacoma dental practices include:
- Cracked teeth – A cracked tooth can occur as a result of biting down on something hard, weakened tooth structure from decay or a root canal, or a sudden accident.
- Loosened or lost teeth – Teeth can be knocked loose or lost in car accidents or sporting incidents (we all know someone who accidentally caught a fly ball with their mouth instead of their glove!).
- Infection – When decay reaches the nerve, it can cause severe pain. Don’t try to “wait it out.” Even if the pain stops (which might mean the nerve has died), your tooth will be severely damaged and the infection can spread.
- Abscess – This gum infection often appears as a painful sore or “pimple” on the gum. Don’t try to lance it; you don’t want the infection to spread.
- Lost restorations – We design restorations like fillings, crowns, and bridges to be durable and long-lasting. Sudden shocks or other injuries can cause a restoration to come loose and be lost, however.
If you are experiencing an injury that is causing excessive bleeding or a broken bone or you have lost consciousness, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room before you come see us. We can always replace a damaged tooth, but we can’t replace you!
Don’t Hesitate to Call Our Practice
If you are in pain, please don’t wait another minute. Please call our Lacey, Tacoma, or Tumwater dental office right away to schedule an emergency appointment with one of our gentle and caring dentists.